The Big Race

All those hours I spent this summer running up hills have paid off! I’ve spent most of the summer running straight up a nasty hill at least once a week an while it has been painful, it’s also been totally worth it!

Last weekend was the big relay race! I got to run leg one, which was three miles of flat followed by 5.8 miles of straight up a mountain. (Thus why I was running all of those hills...)

I was pretty excited to run the first leg to get it over with! Then, instead of being nervous about running, I got to relax! The only problem with that plan was that I was cold for the rest the of the race. It was really cold anyway, but then I was running-chilled. Oh well. It helped keep me awake?



Look at us, all happy and warm before we got started!

I may not be the fastest runner, but all the hills I ran paid off and I was able to run the whole thing without stopping. I got passed by lots of people who were running faster than me, only to watch them stop and walk up the hill in front of me, so I felt pretty good about myself that I was able to keep going.

The sun went down just as I was finishing my leg, so the rest of the race looked more like this...



Sorry Lacey is blurry. Taking moving pictures in the dark with a phone is hard.

About 6:30 we met up with the second half of the team and they kept running while we slept for a couple of hours. Then we went to find them on their legs.



I don’t have any pictures of the end of the race, but it was good and we all had a great time, at least after we had a bit of sleep. We were all having trouble staying awake during our last leg...

Then we went to the hotsprings, at a fancy dinner and all crashed. My bed never felt so good!

After breakfast we drove the race course backwards so we could take the ferry home.







It was an exhausting weekend, but we had a lot of fun and we’re all already looking forward to next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3