Big News

We did something drastic around here...

We sold our house. And bought a new one.

This has been a long time coming. We officially put the house on the market in May, and that was after months (or years?) of house projects in order to get the house ready to sell. We did take it off the market for three months in order to put in the new floor, but realistically, we’ve been working on this for a year. And then suddenly, a little over a month ago, we had three offers in 24 hours. The house that we’d been eyeing was still available, so we made an offer on it. The last month has been full of loan paperwork, inspections, appraisals, repairs and packing. It’s been a little crazy...

Technically, we close on both houses on Friday, we were able to get into our new house this last weekend. Pat and some friends loaded the truck on Saturday, then they unloaded it on Sunday. Yesterday was a pretty long day. Pat and I were taking the truck back at 9pm and then we still had to track down bedding and phone chargers and whatnot, but we spent the night in our new house.

Unfortunately, that’s not where the story ends... Poor Gabe has been having a rough time. This was a huge adjustment and the fact that we were packing everything has been hard. When we’d have a showing, we’d talk about the fact that people were going to come over and decide if they wanted to buy our house. He always responded with "and then we’ll tell them No, this is our house!" Yesterday he was actually doing pretty well. He’d played with a friend yesterday and then the new house was exciting by the time he got home last night. But about 2:30, he woke up crying that he wanted to go to the old house. We let him sleep in our bed, thinking that might help. Unfortunately, he’s gotten a lot bigger and doesn’t fit in bed as nicely as he used to. He insisted on sharing my pillow and snuggling with me, which isn’t a huge problem except that I’m not rolling over very well right now and when I also have a little guy sleeping on my shoulder, I don’t have any place to roll... At one point, he sat up, then laid his head on my belly. I’m not sure where his feet ended up. Maybe Pat’s face? We all woke up when Pat’s alarm that he’d accidentally set went off. I don’t know what time that was. At Gabe woke up crying "I want to listen and obey! I don’t want a spanking!" I have no idea what he was dreaming about. Then when my alarm actually did go off, I managed to knock over my water glass, shattering it.

We had a great first night...

Pat stayed home today to work on getting the garage and shed moved, so he snuggled Gabe back to sleep, while I got ready to go to work. One of Bella’s friends showed up to walk with her to school. She made a comment that our house wasn’t a huge mess, so I was showing her the huge piles of boxes. I tried to show her the garage, so I stuck my head in to try and find the lightswitch. Um, it turns out that that door is really heavy and closes really fast (apparently it’s fire rated?) and it smacked me in the head. It hit me hard enough that I smacked my eye on the door frame.

It hurt bad enough that I hit the floor. Bella’s friend wasn’t quite sure what to do with me. I asked her if it looked funny and she gave me a funny half-smile that I took as a yes, so I decided to investigate. Yep, I instantly had a huge goose egg. By the time I got to work, it was a lovely shade of purple and blue. Seriously, I look like I put horrible stage makeup on only one eye...

In other words, things are going well in the new house...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3