Gabe Stories...

If I don't write these all down, I'm going to forget them...

There's a bear statue that we pass on our way to school every day.  The other day we noticed that a bird had pooped on his head.  Gabe saw it and said "Oh no.  Disgusting!  I'm sorry Bear!  The rain will wash it away."  Well, it hasn't rained in a few days and now every time we walk by he says "Oh no,  the rain hasn't washed it away!  And now the bear is thirsty.   He needs some rain!"  I'm not wishing the rain to come back, but it is adorable that he's so concerned about the bear.

We also walk through the capital building every day, which includes going through the elevator.  I mentioned to Gabe that when we get in, we need to ask people what floor we're going to.  Now when we get in the elevator he looks at everyone else and says "What number?"  If they pick 4 or 5, he has to stretch on his tippytoes to reach them,  which makes everyone in the elevator smile.  It's completely adorable and I usually hear comments as we get out about how cute he is.

The other day he started talking about Lunchbox Squarepants.  I'm pretty sure that should be his actual name!

The other night, Pat told Gabe the story of the Boy the Cried Wolf. The next day, Gabe told me the whole story again, although in his version the wolf took the boy on the roof to meet Santa. I’m not sure he got the point of that story...

G: Is Clifford a puppy? (As in Clifford the Big Red Dog)
M: Yes, Clifford is a puppy. What color is he?
G: Green
M: What? No he’s not.
G: I don’t know what I’m talking about!
M: I don’t know what you’re talking about either.
G: Clifford is beige.

G:  Mom, Lightning McQueen says "Cachow!"  Can I say Cachow?
M:  Yes.
G (laughing):  He cracks me up so hard!

Gabe pulled his pajama pants up super high over his belly and said "I look like Grampses!  Not my Gramps but other Grampses!"

G:  Is that the back of a car?
M:  Um, yes?
G:  Is that gegzost?
M: What?
G:  Gegzost.
M: Exhaust?
G:  Yes.  Gezost.  Gegost.  Gegzost.  I can't say Gegzost!

Tonight we were laughing and singing at dinner.  The kids were going back and forth singing Another One Bites the Dust, which was pretty funny.  Suddenly Gabe started laughing and said "That cracks me up so much.  Such a silly family!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3