A Bumbo

I did not get rid of any of Gabe’s baby stuff. I figured that I didn’t know what the future held and on the off chance that we ended up having another baby, I didn’t want to have to get a bunch more stuff all over again. The only thing I got rid of was the bumbo seat. 

I actually don’t know why I got rid of the bumbo when I wouldn’t get rid of anything else, but for whatever reason, I did. And to be fair, Gabe never liked it and the cat attacked it, so maybe that was part of it? Anyway, now Josy is at the perfect bumbo age and we don’t have one, so last night I took the boys to the consignment shop and found a bumbo.

While there, Gabe found a firetruck transformer. Gabe was pretty sure that he needed it, but I told him no since I actually try not to buy him toys given the fact that the kid has more than enough right now. But then he gave me his puppy dog eyes and a woeful “Please?” and I remembered his dollar.

When we were in Arizona, we went to Dairy Queen one night and met this older couple who like handing out money to kids. They gave Gabe one dollar and he was so excited about it because “now I can pay someone!” He spent the next couple of days talking about how “it was so nice of them to give me my money” and playing with the dollor that after digging it out of a crack behind the hotel bed, Pat stuck it in his wallet and told Gabe he was going to keep track of it for him. 

The dollar still comes up in conversation and we’ve been planning to take him to the store to let him pick out a candy bar or a cheap toy or something all by himself, it just hasn’t happened yet. So last night, when Gabe was pleading for this firetruck transformer, I asked him if he would like to spend his dollar on that toy. I got a very enthusiastic yes, even when I suggested that he could instead by a candy bar or another toy. So I gave him a dollar out of my wallet and he paid for the toy all by himself. Well, he kindof paid for it. I had to chip in an extra two dollars, but I didn’t tell him that part. And when Daddy got home from work, Gabe very enthusiastically told him that he’s gotten a new firetruck toy and that the guy at the store now has his dollar. 

So, thank you to the older couple handing out money, because Gabe is very excited about his new toy.

I also pulled out the bumbo for Josy last night and someone else quickly stole it...



Luckily that didn’t last too long.



And now Josy can eat at the dinner table with us, although he lasted about 90 seconds last night...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3