A Day at the Beach

One of the problems with being a working mom, is that I don’t have the freedom to do fun stuff with my kids during the day, like my stay-at-home-mom friends. (That said, I also don’t have to entertain them all day when it’s raining outside, so there are two sides to that coin...) When the weather is beautiful, I see pictures of them all hanging out at the beach and the kids playing in the rocks or looking at tide pools and I feel like I’m missing out.

Well, on Tuesday, there was a suspicious package outside of daycare and the decision was made to call in the bomb squad, so school was closed and all of the parents had to pick up their kids in a hurry at the park (most of which had to be woken up from a nap, since whoever put the package there was clearly not thinking about naptime concerns...). I brought the boys back to my office for a few minutes so that I could finish things up (at which point they discovered that it was a book, not a bomb, so there was no actually threat) and I determined once again that working with the boys around is just not an option. But the weather was beautiful and I decided that we should take advantage of it and go play on the beach.









We did have to stop at the house to pick up Prince Duke in Boot and then we had a situation at the beach involving poop everywhere and some minor freaking out that a bear was going to pop out of the outhouse, so it certainly wasn’t drama-free, but it was still fun. And Gram and Gramps joined us for a bit too.









And then when we got home, there was a domestic dispute at the neighbors house and the cops ended up involved, so it was quite the dramatic day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3