A Very Crazy Weekend

This weekend was crazy. It was good crazy, but there was just a lot of stuff going on. And notes it’s Sunday night, the kids are in bed and I’m exhausted.

Friday night was Pat’s office Christmas party. I have no pictures of that, but it was a lot of fun. Also, they hired a new guy this year that I happened to go to high school with and haven’t seen in 20 years, so that was fun.

Saturday morning I got Josy up and I asked him if he knew what fun thing we were going to do today. He said “Watch. Puppy Pals.” Actually, no. We have even more exciting plans that watching Puppy Dog Pals. We went Christmas Tree Hunting!

It was a beautiful day. However, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much snow. 





The snow was so deep that there was a small path of foot prints that the sled couldn’t get through. Josy was not impressed.



He was definitely not going to make it up the hill. Actually, none of the kids made it.





There were times when I was up to my waist. Pat and I ended up getting the tree while the kids and Gram and Gramps hung out at the bottom of the hill getting cold. We should have left them the car keys, but didn’t think of that until way too late…





But we all survived and we got a a tree and then everyone was very happy to have hot chocolate and waffles.





We headed home to warm up and put Josy down for a nap. Then Gabe and I went to the Elf party at church, where we watched Elf and did craft projects.





Then we went to a local craft market where Gabe managed to win a door prize. Every 5 year old needs exercise bands, right???

We were pretty wiped out, but I managed to make a cake before bedtime, in preparation for the rest of our busy weekend…

This morning was church and an all church meeting. Then it was time for Gabe’s 6th birthday party! He invited several friends over to play pirates, eat cake and attack a piñata. He desperately wanted to pay stab the apple (like bobbing for apples, except that you stab them), but we ran out of time.







He thought it was the best party ever.

And now I’m ready for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3