Today

The last couple of weeks have been brutal, and I’ll get to all of that later. But for now I’ll just talk about today because War one of those days where there’s lots going on and it’s all good, but it makes for a crazy day.

I woke up early, because apparently that’s what I do now. And rather than try and keep sleeping, I went on a run. It was lovely. Amazing actually. This is why we live here.









When I got back, Gabe was up and already wearing his baseball uniform. To say that he was excited about his first baseball game would be an understatement… 

After breakfast we headed to the ball field for Gabe’s first game. It was a pitching machine and they had five pitches before they put the tee out for them. Gabe got a good hit of the machine twice, and one off of the tee. He also got to play second base and catcher. I’m not sure what conversations they were having in the dugout, but while he was in serving, mid-inning, he suddenly yelled “Mom! I need a cup!” I told him that was a conversation that we’d have later…









After the game, we headed home, got lunch, put Josy down for a nap and then headed to the church for a funeral. Freddy did not want us to leave.



The funeral was lovely. It was for a lady from church who had been Pat’s doctor for years, but has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s three years ago. She passed away on Easter Sunday.

In the middle of all of this, my dad was in the middle of a heart procedure. He had a heart attack this week and yesterday got medivacced up to the cardiologist. This morning he had a stint put in, which went well and he feels much better, but the last few days have definitely been a crazy rollercoaster.

After the funeral, I dropped Pat off at home to finish making his bread, while Gabe and I went to a couple of stores. When we got home, Pat worked in dinner, I finished paying the bills, Bella elevated her foot and the boys played outside.



Then while dinner was on the grill and the boys were in the bathtub, Pat took the side off of Josy’s crib. It was time. He can climb in and out of the bed, so we figured he’d be excited about a big boy bed. Instead he went to bed crying because his bed was missing a side. So, um, we’ll see how the night goes.



And that was our day. Oh man. Can tomorrow be calmer???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3