An Old Friend

One of the perks of living in a cruise ship town is that every once in a while, people show up on cruise ships that you haven’t seen in forever and you get to hang out with them for a few hours.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from Isayana. I met her when she was living in the orphanage in Nicaragua on my first trip, back in 2003. She was there for a couple of trips and then she went back home and lived with her mom for a few years. I’d go to their house every year to visit her and her siblings. Then when she was 11 she and her twin sister got adopted by a lady in Washington and that was the last I saw of her. Occasionally she’d pop up on Facebook and we’d chat, but I haven’t seen her in person in close to 15 years.

But this week her, her mom and her nephew were all on a cruise ship and wondered if I’d want to meet up. Oh man yes.

So I picked them up and gave them the tour of town and we got some coffee and sat and talked for hours and it was so much fun. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3