Day 12: Isla Mujeres

We decided to spend the day at Isla Mujeres. It was about an hour away by bus, but the boys handled it pretty well. It helps that Gram had given them a special toy for me to break out at some point when they were feeling bored, and this felt like a good time for that.



Once we got to Cancun, we got on the ferry. It was only about 20 minutes and it was lovely ride on perfect blue/green seas. Once we landed, we found lunch on the beach. I found a pelican and sent the picture to my dad, since he has a pelican obsession. The shark completed the picture nicely.



I don’t remember why the boys needed to make these faces, but I think that lunch was taking too long.







Gabe has been asking for a coconut the entire trip. So when we found a guy selling coconuts on the street, we had to take advantage of it.





There was much argument about whether or not he had to share…



Then we headed to the beach. It was crazy hot out, but the water felt amazing. Unfortunately I forgot to pack Josy’s swim suit so he had to swim in some undies (they were actually Gabe’s because he’d had an accident on the bus and I couldn’t find his spare ones…). That was perfectly fine for playing, but not for posting pictures of it on the Internet…









We left the beach at 5, then stopped for ice cream and then caught the ferry back to Cancun. I figured that Josy would crash on the bus, but no. Instead he would snuggle up next to me, act like he was going to sleep and then make random nonsense noises in order to keep himself awake. It was a long ride… But the time we got back to the hotel, it was after 8. We attempted to get some dinner, but Josy was a hot mess. He didn’t want to eat and then Gabe took the wrong water cup and there were many, many tears and absolutely no bites of food. Finally he crawled up in my lap sobbing and instantly fell asleep. A few minutes later, he started drooling and it dripped down my arm.



This was Gabe’s face when I told him about the drool…



Then we went back to our room and I laid him in bed and he didn’t move for many hours. To be fair, neither did Gabe. Apparently swimming all afternoon in the crazy hot sun was exhausting!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3