One Last Christmas Present…

Before we left for our trip at Christmas, I was packing up all of our Christmas presents. Gabe’s big present was pretty large and Pat was trying to convince me that we should just give him a picture or something, rather than taking it with us. I was adamant that we had to bring it, as we have very limited Christmases left with the super crazy excitement of Christmas morning and I didn’t want to miss one of them. So I made a box and we checked it on the plane.



And that was the last time we ever saw it. It did not show up in Salt Lake City. I changed the address to Phoenix, assuming it would show up in a couple of days. Nothing. Gabe opened a present that said “sorry the airlines lost your Christmas present”, which he later admitted was the worst present he’s ever gotten.

I called the airlines many times. I filled paperwork. I even offered to go search their warehouse myself on our layover. But no. Last week, they finished their 6 week search and determined that they couldn’t find it. So I tracked down the lady that made it (I bought it at a craft fair) and bought a replacement. This week Gabe finally got his last Christmas present.

It may not have happened Christmas morning, but I definitely got the reaction that I wanted.





















I’ve lost track of how many times he told me thank you. He even slept with it the first night. (I shut that down after I discovered he’d fallen asleep in it…) He actually told me it was pretty comfortable to sleep with…

So naturally he’s been dressed like an army man every day and permanently has the gun over his shoulder.



I love that kid. He’s so much fun. And I’m so glad that he finally got his gun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3