Mother’s Day

We had a very nice, low key Mother’s Day. It was exactly what I wanted and what we needed.

I woke up to Josy and all of Gabe’s snuggle buddies snuggled in bed with me. Gabe was standing next to the bed and told me he had made me breakfast: chocolate chip pancakes (from the freezer) and a glass of water. Then he told me that “the pancakes might be a little bit burned. I accidentally put them in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes. But I stopped it when I saw all the smoke.”

Needless to say, I had no idea what to expect for breakfast…


It was all I could do to get them off of the plate… 



I had big intentions of eating them simply because my sweet boy made them for me, but there was no way. Luckily he wasn’t upset about it, he just made me another batch. And those ones he only cooked for 20 seconds…

After church Pat put up the hammock and I took a nice nap in the yard. Lucy joined me for half of it. Then Gabe insisted on joining me too, which made the sleeping not happen.



Then we went on a family bike ride and Gabe rode the entire way. Clearly I need to stop babying him because the kid made it 4.5 miles!



Then we planted them rest of the plants.





It was a nice, low key day. But it was perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3