The story of our family, navigating life after the NICU...
Prayer
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Josy announced that he wanted to pray at dinner. So we closed our eyes and he said “I love you. I love you a lot. I like you. I like you a lot. Thank you for the food. Amen.”
The Musee de l’Armee. I think I could have left the big two there for the day and then picked them up for dinner. I mean, it was interesting, but there was a lot of stuff there and the different types of spears used in the battles in the 1700s just don’t hold my interest in the way that it does the boys… I literally brought my crochet with me. That way I could see stuff, but not get bored. And then we saw Napoleon’s tomb. Then I needed to do some more tourist shopping, so we headed towards a couple of shops and ended up at the Eiffel Tower again, which seemed a fitting place to end the trip.
I’m not convinced that spring is actually here (the fact that we keep waking up with snow might have something to do with it…), but it is warmer, the new snow didn’t stick and the giant piles of snow are disappearing rapidly. I’ll take it. The other day when it was nice and warm-ish, I took all four kids to the park while Pat made dinner. It was lovely. Also, apparently I started something because now Josy regularly asks if we can go to the park after school… While Josy and I waited for the others to show up, he insisted on “practicing sitting on the bleachers and watching baseball.” I think we’re all ready for spring…
I forgot to blog last night! Sorry to those of you who check on Gabe first thing in the morning! Apparently I got distracted since Pat flew in last night. Then I remembered as I was headed back to bed after getting up to pump and chose to go to sleep instead... I don't have much to report on Gabe. They're transitioning him to not using fortification in his breastmilk, which will be nice as we won't end up wasting as much milk after I nurse. Right now they make his full amount of milk for each feeding, and them they throw away the amount that he got from me, since it's already been fortified and can't be reused. With no fortification, they can use a bit of the milk I'd just pumped and not throw anything away, which will be nice. How cute are baby clothes with animals on the babies behind???
Comments
Post a Comment