Utah/California: Day 14

At one point when Pat and I were planning this trip, we playing with the idea of going to Disneyland yesterday. We ended up deciding not to (for a lot of reasons…) and I’m so glad that we did. After 7 days of parks and museums and being constantly in the go, we needed a couple of slower days. That said, when we booked hotels, we stayed in Anaheim so that we could get back to Disneyland. It ended up being a long ways away from the rest of our days plans, but such is life.

Anyway, we had a quick snack at the hotel and then drove up to have brunch with Uncle Matt.

He brought Asta, so she and I hung it for a bit. Gabe had picked up a pad of paper and was drawing everyone, so he did a cute one of her.



He also did me:


Dad:


And Josy:


After breakfast we always walked to the dog park so Asta could run around and the boys could throw some balls for her.

It was really hot and Matt had to go to work, so that didn’t last long. But then we headed over to the Griffith Park Observatory, which I’d never visited before.

I got this super cute picture of Gabe being a super helpful big brother.

But if you zoom up on his face…

We didn’t last too long, in part because our parking was about to expire, but it was fun. And also very hot…

So we got a snack and hit up a couple of stores before driving to dinner.

Matt is the wine director at a super fancy restaurant in downtown LA. Since we were in the area, we decided to go. The boys were concerned about whether or not we’d actually get to see him, but he spent a lot of time hanging it with us and making sure that we all had a wonderful time. He even got Gabe a super fancy dinner, which Pat informed him would be the best pasta of good entire childhood.

Auntie Rachael was able to join us too, which was great fun.


After dinner we got a tour of the restaurant, which is in an old church.


As we drove back to Anaheim, Josy fell sleep in the car. When we got to the hotel, I just picked him up and put him in bed. He was out.

Early this morning, I was asleep when I heard “Mommy! Why am I in my clothes and not in my jammies???” Apparently he did not remember just how tired he was last night…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3