Why

Tonight I heard about another NICU family. They had twin girls this week at 25 weeks. One of the girls passed away today and the other is still fighting. I looked at the pictures of these two little girls in their little incubators and read about all of the struggles that their little bodies are having right now and all I could do was cry. That could have so easily been us. We could have so easily been the ones holding our baby as he passed into the arms of Jesus. How did we get to be so lucky? Why did we get to take our little boy home relatively unscathed? Why us?

I know the answer. I know about the providence of God and that He is in control of all things and that He has a plan in everything. I know that He loves these babies more than any of the rest of us can even dream of. But when I look at pictures of other little babies that aren't going to get to come home, the only thing I can think, is why me? Why is my sweet little Gabe sitting in my dishwasher exploring what kinds of sounds he can make when he hits spoons together and their baby will never open her eyes?

I'm so very grateful that he's here and that he's okay. But I have no idea why we were one of the lucky ones.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3