An Emotional Decision

It's been an emotional week.  A few months ago, we decided to take the family to Nicaragua this summer.  Nicaragua has been a huge part of my life for the last 15 years and I've been itching to go back, as it's been three years since we were last down there.  We found great tickets in April, the schedule worked out perfectly and we bought the tickets to Miami.  The Miami to Managua tickets weren't purchased yet, but those ticket prices tend to be more stable, so I didn't mind waiting for a few more days on those ones.

Then a few days later, Nicaragua erupted.  I won't go into everything that's going on, but the situation is pretty bad right now.  So we waited to buy our tickets, hoping that things would settle down.  And so far, they haven't.  We've been talking to the pastor down there, hoping that he could tell that it would be safe, hoping that things would calm down.  However, for the last month and a half, things have only gotten worse.

This week, we finally decided that we need to postpone our trip.  I talked to the pastor this morning and he told us that things aren't calming down and we shouldn't go right now.

This has been a very emotional decision for me.  I miss Nicaragua so much.  And I so desperately want to go back and visit my friends that I consider family.  But I also don't want to put my other family in any sort of danger.  Right now, the Nicaragua that I know and love is not the Nicaragua that we have right now.

Please pray for peace in Nicaragua.  It's a place that is so dear to my heart and I hate seeing it torn apart in so much violence.  Plus, I have so many friends down there that are getting sucked up into all of this.  I don't want to see any of my friends get hurt, but the longer this goes on, greater the odds of that happening.

Pray for peace and justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3