My Birthday

There's no better way to spend your birthday than running a 7 mile race that goes straight up into the mountains, right???

Actually, it would have been a much better plan if Pat and I hadn't hiked straight up a mountain the day before. I've run that route several times and it is brutal, but I can run it. But on Saturday, it was bad. Basically, we ended up hiking up most of it, which meant that Katilyn and I got to do a lot of talking! Plus, we got to see the waterfalls at the end.



When we turned around, we ran down the whole thing just fine. It was just the stupid uphill. I'm going to have to run it again soon to prove to myself that I really can do it...

It's safe to say that I was pretty wiped out for the rest of the day. Plus, we had a showing, so the house had to be spotless, and Bella came home, so we sat at my parents house for most of the afternoon.

Then we all went to our house where Pat made us a lovely birthday dinner and the little boys tried to see if they could both fit in one carseat.


It was a lovely day, even if I was very sore the next day...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3