Camping Take 2

Reserving cabins around here is hard. You have to plan months in advance and even then, they're usually occupied the weekend you want them (which is why we ended up camping on a Sunday night...). So when one of Pat's coworkers asked if we wanted his cabin reservation for last weekend, we jumped on it, even though Gramps was sick, Uncle Seth was trying to do a 20 mile mountain run, I was recovering from being sick and we hadn't even completely unpacked from camping 4 days earlier...

The mosquitos were terrible and it started raining Saturday evening, but even then, we had a wonderful time. Between waking up early with the sun and running around playing, both boys were exhausted. Gabe even asked me if he could take a nap, which says something... He also asked if "Mommy give mosquito a spanking?"




Bella took these two:



This cabin had a little sandbar in the river, so we took the trucks down and played in the sand.


Pat and I went on a walk and found a beach that I've only seen from the other side of the river. I had no idea you could actually walk over there.


The poor boys have been getting pretty confused on the whole "whose Mommy is whose" thing. Gabe is pretty sure that Gram is "my Gram" and doesn't understand that she's also Bryson's Gram. But the fact that Bryson calks Auntie Katilyn Mommy is really hard to grasp. On Sunday morning Gabe was on my lap and Katilyn asked Bryson if he wanted to sit on Mommy's lap. Gabe started to cry and said "I sit Mommy lap!" I had to explain yet again that Bryson has a different Mommy, which is apparently a tough concept.

Katilyn and I took the boys on a walk. We were actually going to the bridge, but Gabe was convinced "we go on aventure."


Luckily they had a stick. I mean, can two boys walk through the woods without at least one stick???






Once our adventure wasover, we headed back to camp, where Bella decided she needed a turn on the bike.


It was another good weekend of camping. We don't have any more cabins planned for a while, but we have a few more fun things planned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3