Getting Outside 

The boys and I have been trying to get out of the house every day this week. Well, lets face it, I’m the one who is trying to get out every day...

Monday I decided that we should go for a walk. However, when I made this plan, it wasn’t raining. So, um, that didn’t go as planned. But Gabe was excited to drink hot chocolate when we got home.





Tuesday we went to gymnastics and the grocery store and nothing overly interesting happened, except that Josy blew threw a diaper all over my pants at gymnastics so I smelled like baby poop all the way through the grocery store...

Wednesday one of Gabe’s buddies (not friends. Buddies...) came over to play. They had so much fun! I don’t know what they were doing, but they were upstairs laughing for an hour before I even saw them. I felt bad telling them to stop playing so we could go play at the park, but, well, it was a beautiful day and I didn’t want to spend the whole day inside.




Today I announced that we were going to go to the fancy new park and Gabe was not having it. I have no idea why, but he did not want to go to that park. He even said that he’s rather stay home and clean than to go to that park. Finally I asked if he’d rather go play at the park at the duck pond and he got super excited about that. So we switched parks.

There was only one other mom there when we got there, but I recognized her from MOPS last week. We started talking and it turns out that her you youngest was born with a birth defect that involved an unexpected nicu trip and a massive surgery at a very early age. We were able to talk a lot about nicu stuff I invited her to join our facebook group (which she did as soon as we got home from the park). It was a really good conversation. Apparently God had a reason that we needed to be at that park this morning, not the big fancy park...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3