4

Somehow my dear, sweet little baby turned 4 this week. I have no idea how that happened. I’m pretty sure that I just blinked and now here we are.

There are so many things I could say about what a wonderful little boy he is, but how do I even put it into words? 

I’ve actually been struggling with his birthday this year, thinking about how close we came to losing him. Pat and I had a long chat the other night about how we’re both feel like we’re living on borrowed time with him. Sure, technically you’re living on borrowed time with all of your kids, but there’s something different about it when you know that your kid isn’t “supposed” to be here. We almost lost him twice. Medically speaking, we should have list him. But we didn’t. And now, 4 years later, we have this incredible little boy and I couldn’t imagine not having him in our lives.

I was driving to work on Tuesday thinking about the NICU when the song Blessings came on the radio:

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops 
What if your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3