Christmas Day

Christmas Day we were all up bright and early, since that’s what happens when you have small children. We did manage to make them wait for presents until the adults had made coffee and we’d taken all of the matching-jammies-in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree pictures (including adding a picture of the 3-week-old-nephew who couldn’t fly over), although I’m pretty sure we were torturing all of them. 





My kids all got Christmas socks, so Josy, who already had a thing about shoes and socks, insisted on putting them on before he would open any other presents.













This is definitely the face you want when a kid opens your Christmas present.









Uncle Seth may have thrown a wrapping paper ball at the perfect moment...



After the presents were opened, there was breakfast, a zoom call with the missing family, and lots of playing with all the exciting new presents. Gabe’s pirate costume keeps getting more and more elaborate, this time thanks to Auntie Rachael and Uncle Matt.





Christmas Dinner



When we were all in Phoenix last time for Christmas, four years ago, the entire family hiked Piestewa Peak on Christmas night, except for Gram, the little boys, and me. I had a nasty cold and there was no way I had the energy for hiking. I’d also just gotten my cast off with my broken toes. So I stayed home. They had a wonderful time and I was bummed that I missed it. So this year, I was excited to have a chance to actually get to go. It took a few days for it to all work out, but we may now have a new Christmas tradition.

Unfortunately, I tripped about 5 minutes in and gouged my shin pretty badly. I was able to keep going, but it was pretty deep and still hurts nearly a week later. Oh well... The rest of the hike was a lot of fun.







Yep. We definitely take good pictures together...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3