Cookies

I don’t normally make sugar cookies. I don’t really like to eat sugar cookies, so what’s the point of making then? But the church had given us a package of sugar cookie dough when they dropped off the advent package, we have a new neighbor that we need an excuse to meet, and the neighbor on the other side is having some struggles, so I figured why not?

It actually went better than I thought it would. Both boys did end up in tears at different points, Josy only fell off the stool once, and the majority of the cookies look like gingerbread men and not peglegged pirates...







To be fair to poor Josy, he only fell off the stool because he found a round ball of dough that he was pretty sure needed to be a cookie and was trying to put it in the cookie sheet which was a very long ways away for his little arms.

That was Sunday. The last night we decided to decorate them. I was going to help, but then Josy put his entire dinner in his hair just as Pat’s dinner was done, so I got bath duty and Gabe was in charge of decorating.



We weren’t actually trying for gray frosting, but that’s what happens when the four-year-old requests red and green food coloring in one bowl. Oops.





I was actually impressed. I have no idea if the neighbors will actually want to eat them, but it’s the thought that counts, right??? And tonight we need to decorate the other half since we ran out of frosting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3