Pumpkins!

We carved pumpkins!!

Actually, I should clarify. I carved pumpkins. One of these days, the boys will be big enough to carve their own pumpkins, but at the rate they’re going, that will be when they’re in high school, so once more, I carved all of the pumpkins… But before I get to all of that, I should add that this whole pumpkin story began last week when I took the boys to buy pumpkins and a certain boy insisted that the perfect pumpkin was at the very bottom of the box, buried under other pumpkins, so I could not reach it. But it was the one that he had to have, so I may or may not have held him by the ankles into the box to see if he could grab it himself. When that didn’t work, I ended up on the box of pumpkins, just to get that perfect pumpkin for my son. Needless to say, the other son had to pick one of the ones off the top because I wasn’t doing that again…

When it was finally pumpkin carving time, they rolled them in and then tried to crash then into each other and I had to shut that one down real fast.



Gabe really wanted to carve it himself this year, but he got a quarter of the way around the top and Gabe up. But he was very excited about getting all of the guts out.











This was the first time in three years that I’ve gotten to just make smile faces, the last two years I’ve had to make pirates, which has stretched my carving skills. This year I had a request for an astronaut pumpkin and an army guy pumpkin and no matter what I googled, I could not find anything that worked beyond just writing NASA, so we ended up with smiley faces, which are my favorite anyway. Any yes, Josy is wearing shorts, but that was the outfit that he picked out to wear for church and I just went with it.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3