A Weekend Away

My friend Teresa, who's been one of my best friends since middle school, is getting married tomorrow. Since Gabe has some appointments that we need to take care of, he and I decided to do all of them at the same time. So, he and I are on a weekend trip by ourselves.

Our first stop last night was dinner with Uncle Tim. Gabe was very excited to explore Uncle Tim's house, which is not baby proofed at all... But he has a really great tupperware drawer!


This morning Gabe had an appointment. It was clearly very exhausting because he fell asleep in the car as soon as we left. I decided to go to the coffee shop and read my book for a while, something that I don't have time to do much of at this point in my life.

I think that lasted for 5 minutes... Then Gabe woke up and decided to show me that the proper way to eat pears involves your feet.

After the coffee shop, Gabe needed to crawl around for a bit, so we went to the bookstore. After crawling and walking all over the store, I noticed that his feet were so dirty that they were black, so we went to the bathroom to wash them. Gabe cannot pass a running faucet without getting a drink, so he did this:

At least his feet got cleaned...

We stopped by the NICU to say hello. Most of the people that we know were actually not working today, which was lame, but we got to see a few people. Plus, I didn't freak out nearly as bad as I did last night, so I'm making progress on that whole NICU-ptsd thing!

Tonight we're out at the wedding site getting ready for tomorrow. It should be fun!
 
 
 

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3