Teresa's Wedding

For my entire 20s, I had a good group of single girlfriends. Several of them were friends from college, some were from childhood and some were friends I met as an adult. They are all wonderful people, but we were all very much single and there weren't even very many boyfriends involved. Then we all turned 30. I'm not sure what happened, but as soon as we started hitting that magic number, we all started dating and getting married. As of today, only one of those original 7 is not married and 3 of them have gotten married in the last 10 months.

-------------------------------

This morning, Gabe and I got up early and went swimming in the hotel pool. After he goes to swimming lessons, I usually get a 3 hour nap out of him. I was hoping that by swimming this morning, I could convince him to take a long nap before Teresa's wedding. It did not work. Instead, I put him down and he instantly decided to be awake and happy for the next hour... Then he finally fell asleep, slept for 45 minutes and woke up with a start. This was not a good way to begin the wedding. The only positive thing is that I was going to have to wake him up to get ready for the wedding anyway... Also, when your mom is staying at a hotel and you want to help her with her makeup, things can get a bit interesting...

The wedding was wonderful and Teresa made a beautiful bride. Gabe made it through the whole wedding quietly, which did not happen at Olivia's wedding last week. He did alright at the reception for a bit, but right before dinner he informed me that he should have taken a longer nap. I managed to get him to hold still long enough to sleep for a few minutes and that made life so much better. 

 
After that he was the life of the party. Seriously, random people that I didn't know would pick him up and dance with him, hold him and take selfies or just follow him down the hallway. Every time I asked if they wanted me to take him, they told me it was fine and kept on dancing. Eventually we'll have to talk about stranger danger, but tonight it worked out well. And don't worry, I really was keeping an eye on him the entire time, no matter who was holding him.


They had a photo booth with piles of hats and wigs. Unfortunately, Gabe is not interested in wearing hats. 

This wig was the best that I could do.

In other news, Bella had her big Girls on the Run 5K today, which is the reason that she and Pat didn't come with us. Since I couldn't run with her, Darla was able to be her running buddy. It sounds like they had a wonderful time and they got to meet the Governor!



 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3