Denali

Today was all about Denali! It’s funny that I’ve lived in this state for my entire life, but this is the first time I’ve been up here. What was I waiting for???

I started out this morning with a run. One of the perks of running is the opportunity to see all sorts of things that you wouldn’t otherwise see, so I certainly wasn’t going to miss this opportunity.





Then we packed up camp and while Pat was doing the last few things, I decided to try and help Gabe run off some energy.



He was so tired that “I need to take a break in this tree.” Silly kid.



Once everything was packed up, we drove into Savage River, planning to camp out there. But we got there, we saw the sign that we needed to have a reservation which needed reserved back at Riley Creek, which is where we’d just come from. So we drove back to Riley Creek to reserve our spot at Savage Creek, only to find out that Savage Creek was full and we had to stay at Riley Creek again. So we reserved a spot at the campground we’d just left and then drove back to Savage Creek for the day. Oh well...

We found a day use area, parked the RV and made some lunch. Then we went exploring. Pat and I were on the lookout for animals, but Gabe was on the lookout for pirates. He searched the entire park for pirate flags, parrots and treasure. He was sure that each rock had a gold coin under it, but somehow we never found one...

We wandered for awhile and found a lovely creek for rock throwing. By the time we were done, both boys were toast, so we put them both down for a nap and Pat and I got to spend awhile reading our book in the sunshine. It was lovely!!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3