A Run to the Park

Since no one in the house was sick and I was going stir crazy, we decided to get out of the house. I wanted to get a run in, so we decided that the best thing to do was to run to the park to play, and then run back. 

The way there was great. As obnoxious as it is to run while pushing a double stroller, I felt good and had a pretty good time. (Oh, and Gabe asked if we could visit the cemetery when we ran past, but he doesn’t remember what it’s called and asked if we could visit the military... I refuse to correct him!)

We had the park to ourselves, which was good as Gabe was in quarantine (but also definitely not sick...). Also, both boys wanted me to push them on two different toys, so I got a little extra running in, back and forth between the two.







Gabe then decided that he wanted to sneak up on a duck and catch it. I think he wanted to bring it home? Thankfully he is not as sneaky as he thinks he is...







He ended up just collecting feathers, which are now among his prized possessions and he’s never going to let me throw them away. Also, I’m impressed that he didn’t end up in the pond.

By then it was lunchtime and we were all hungry. Unfortunately, however, I still had to run home, which is much harder when you’re hungry and did not bring a snack. Oh well, we made it home, even if my pace was downright pathetic, compared to my pace to the park...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3