Berlin Day 1

We made it to Berlin!

We left at 5 Saturday morning and didn't get to Berlin until 4 Sunday afternoon, which made for a really long day of travel, but that's just the way it goes...

We did have drama getting over here. On our flight from Seattle to Munich, we met the rudest person It've ever met on a flight. Seriously, I've been on a lot of flights in my life, but she was the worst. She was in the seat right behind me. I got kicked in the back and punched in the head. At one point, she stuck her foot on the armrest between Pat so far that her ankle was resting against Pat's side and we had to move our arms off the armrest. Then she put her other foot on the other armrest and her ankle was touching my other side. It was bad. It was behavior I'd expect from a little kid, not a little old lady.

We got to Munich with one hour until out next flight...only to discover that our flight had been cancelled. That meant that they wanted us to go through customs to go get rebooked. That line took so long that there was no way that we would have made our flight even if it hadn't been cancelled. It took us awhile to figure out if our bags were actually going to go all the way to Berlin since the flight was cancelled or if we needed to pick them up, then we had to get new tickets. It was a lot of running around, but we made it without too much hassle.

Since we now had a layover, I decided to pump (since Gabe isn't weaned yet). I plugged it into the adapter...and fried the transformer. Sweet. That is definitely going to cause me some problems...

We got to Berlin eventually and got checked into our hotel about 4, which is too late to take a nap, so we were pretty much zombies. I think I'd slept for maybe an hour and a half on all those flights...

We walked around the block a bit and then went and got dinner at this restaurant that was founded in 1621. Napoleon ate there when he took over the city. It was really good, but we were both so tired, we hardly said anything to each other. Pat and I don't usually have trouble coming up with things to talk about, but when we've had that little of sleep, apparently we do...


After dinner we walked around Alexanderplaz for a bit and then went back to the hotel to sleep.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3