Leaving

It's been another tough week around here. It seems like we're in a season of dealing with some tough things as a family. To top it off, Pat was out of town for work, I spent the week trying to get ready to leave tomorrow, and yesterday Gabe finally succumbed to Hand, Foot and Mouth. It was not the topper I needed this week... Thank goodness that my parents have been in town this week because I'm not sure how I would have functioned without them.

Tomorrow morning Pat and I are leaving the kids with my parents for a week so that we can go on an adventure. I surprised Pat with this trip three months ago for his birthday and I had no idea how badly he and I would need to get away when I booked the tickets. That said, this is the longest I will have been away from Gabe since he was born. I ran the Klondike a few weeks ago, but that was only three days and he was with Pat. I was already struggling with this and now he's sick. Oh my word. I know he's in good hands and my parents will take great care of him, but still. Tonight I put him to bed and then completely fell apart. I can't believe I'm not going to see that sweet little face for another week.

I mean, how can you resist this sweet little guy, when he wants to do this all day???


I'll be fine once we get going. But right now I'm struggling.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3