Thanksgiving

 Happy Thanksgiving!

Like most people around the country this year, we had a pretty quiet Thanksgiving, without lots of crazy plans and extra people.  Actually, Bella came home on Tuesday for a few days, so it was our first holiday ever with just the five of us.

We started out with Sticky Buns for breakfast.  Josy was super excited about this fancy breakfast option and I hope he doesn't start expecting it for breakfast every day...



After breakfast, Gabe and I went and ran the Turkey Trot.  It was a virtual race this year, so it was definitely a different experience, but it was still fun to run it with my favorite little running buddy.  He actually ran a lot more than he did last year and he held my hand the entire way.  I've never run a race like that before.  Pat was actually thinking about joining us (which is a shock!), so I have a feeling that next year this will be a full family event.  Well, minus Bella.  I don't think there's any way that we'll convince her to run with us.  Running is not her thing...






After the race, we got the turkey in the oven.  Josy was convinced that he could help us get it out of the brine and into the oven.  He's so helpful.



Then Josy and Bella decided to take a nap and Gabe went to the neighbor's house to play, so Pat and I had a quiet afternoon of dishes, cooking and sewing.  (I took the kids to the store to pick out mask material, which was a great plan, except for the fact that I have to have Bella's done before she leaves on Sunday morning.  I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off...)

Eventually the turkey was done and we sat down for dinner.  Clearly, everyone was excited that I insisted on getting a picture.  To be fair, everyone was hungry and Pat had just knocked over his coffee cup all over the table runner and it was dramatic moment for everyone.



We couldn't finish Thanksgiving without Chocolate Mousse Pie and once again, Josy was very excited about this new family holiday traditions.  I've never seen someone eat pie like a pop sickle, but clearly it worked. Also, clearly my family was not much happier about a pie picture...







Bella was sitting at the table after her pie and suddenly Gabe yelled "Bella!  That really old singer is behind you!"  We ignored him, all very confused, so he yelled it again.  I thought about it a minute and then asked him if he was talking about Elvis.  "Yeah!  Bella, Elvis is behind you!!"  Then we remembered that we'd had a conversation about Elvis (I don't remember why) and told him that Elvis had died, but some people think that they still see him places.  So naturally, weeks later, he suddenly busts out that he sees Elvis, just to tease Bella.  Pat and I about died laughing.

And that was our Thanksgiving.  It was nice to just be the five of us, something that doesn't happen very often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3