Ice Caves

It’s been crazy cold. So cold that just bucking the boys into their careers in the mornings makes me want to cry. But still, I’ve seen all sorts of people posting pictures of going to the ice caves to explore. It’s both made me jealous and made me wonder how they’re surviving in the cold. 

Anyway, the crazy cold has finally gotten better and we’re back to normal cold. So we decided to go play on the ice this morning. We knew there was no way that we’d make it to the caves, but we figured that it would be fun to play on the ice a bit. Also, I had to be back for a meeting in an hour...

It was perfect and exactly what we needed. 



We pulled the boys on the sleds and walked out to one of the icebergs to play.











My attempts at family pictures are not appreciated...







Then we decided to turn around and Josy was not happy about it. Realistically, he was getting cold too.





At one point Gabe managed to tip out of his sled and he landed head first on the ice. He instantly had a goose egg and then both boys were crying. Apparently we made the right choice in turning around...

There were so many people out there. It was so nice! After all these months of isolation, it was really nice to see lots of people, enjoying doing the same thing and being together. It was really nice.

While we were out there I saw some people running and I was inspired. So during naptime, I went back out and ran across the lake to the ice caves. It was amazing! Definitely one of the most beautiful runs I’ve ever done.





And then since I was already out there, I had to explore the ice caves too...

















It was a pretty amazing day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3