The Last Two Weeks

Silly Josy really loves the snow shovel. I really hope that never goes away, so I have a permanent driveway shoveler...





One morning during our super cold snap, Gabe was too cold to eat breakfast, so I told him he could get dressed first. He came downstairs wearing three shirts, two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks and two pairs of undies. Hey, he definitely wasn’t cold!!

Sometimes Josy insists on bringing out all of his snuggly guys after naptime.



Gabe loves to read this book to Josy.



I bought the boys new water bottles, since the last one (that they were sharing) got thrown away in a fit of frustration that it was usually discovered on the floor in a giant puddle of water. So I bought them these two. Unfortunately, Josy is convinced that they’re both his and he loves them! He’s finally getting a little better, but for a while there he was getting mad every time Gabe tried to take his somewhere. In this picture, Gabe had put it down to put in his jacket and Josy stole it back. He is very proud of himself.



We spent Friday at the hospital running some checks to make sure that Gabe is just tiny and that there’s nothing going on that we need to worry about. The tests came back fine, he’s just tiny, but we needed to check anyway. Well, Gabe thought the xray was wonderful. He did not like the blood draw. He’s informed me that he’s never getting one of those ever again.



We went skiing again for Gabe’s last ski lesson. This is the only picture I took, where he is stuck headfirst down the hill in the fence.

It was his last day of ski lessons and when he and In were skiing afterwards, he decided to start going over jumps. This kid. In six weeks of lessons he went from skiing between Pat’s legs to skiing down the hill by himself and going over jumps.



It was super cold, so we had a Mommy-Gabey tea date afterwards.



Perry has been found!! He was missing for a month. He went to small group with us and disappeared. He was finally found in a tiny box, after a month of searching. Gabe was so excited when I got the text message on the ski lift that he suggested “one more run, then tea time, then Perry snuggles.” He’s hardly put him down since.



I put the boys in matching shirts, but then I couldn’t get Josy to hold still for the picture. My lap was the only way to do it...


This kid is just too cute...


Gabe was having a rough morning, so he laid on the stairs with String crying. Apparently Josy thought that would be fun, so he joined him, fake crying very loudly. This made Gabe more upset because “you’re fake crying Josy! I’m real crying!”



Josy helped me unload the dishwasher last night. He took out each utensil one at a time and handed it to me.  Then I handed him a stack of plastic bowls and plates and he put them on the floor and then threw them all in the drawer one at a time. Also, he ran out of pants at school and had to wear some of Gabe’s. It didn’t work well...





And for funny Gabe quotes...

G: I think I'm ready to fire a cannon.
M: Okay
G: Can we get a cannon and then get a candle and then light it and KABOOM!
M: No
G: PLEASE!!!!
M: I don't even know where to get a cannon.
G: You buy it. You just ask "Do you have any cannons?"
M: Who would I ask?
G: People who might have cannons.

G: Why did he shoot... In that movie that we didn't finish, with the people in the bush with the bottle that were making bad choices with the bottle, what was their name?
M: The Kalahari Bushmen
G: Yes them. Why did they make bad choices with the bottle?
We watched The Gods Must be Crazy at Thanksgiving with Bella and he’s just now asking about it...

G: I don't have an opinion on this song. Do you?
M: No
G: My eyebrows don't have an opinion.

And finally...
M: Gabe, did you like your dessert?
G: Yep. The Bible says that we need to love our enemies, even when they're trying to hurt us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3