String

String is Gabe’s favorite guy in the whole world. Well, one of two. String and Timmy. They have been his two special snuggly guys since he was tiny.

Unfortunately they have been loved almost to death. At least twice have I had to do major surgery in order to keep him put together. This week was operation number 3.

Gabe crawled into bed with me this week. I was mostly asleep as he told me that there was a big hole in String, in the spot that was his favorite. I thought he was telling me about a dream, but then he handed me String and I was instantly awake.



That is a huge hole. I have no idea how he pulled that off.

After the boys were in bed (and Gabe was snuggled with the string blanket that Gram made Josy), I set to work. The good news is that I managed to figure out how to reverse knit, so I was able to put the whole thing back together without too much drama. I anticipated another long gray string in it, but it ended up looking much better than that.





Seriously, I have no idea how this poor blanket is going to survive Gabe’s childhood.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3