Day 7: Seville

We thought we were going to have a slow day in Seville to recover from our big long bus tour. That did not happen. I mean, it started out slow. The boys all slept in while I went on a run through the cathedral and Santa Cruz. It wasn’t crazy early, but the streets were quiet and it was lovely.


When I lived here, there was a spot that we liked to go in Barrio Santa Cruz. I never knew how to find it, as the streets were all crazy narrow and twisted, so I just went with people who knew how to find it. I wanted to see if I could find it. I didn’t necessarily want to go, but I had a picture in my head and I wanted to see if I could get there. It took me a whole run of running in circles, but I think I found it. And it’s completely non-descript, so I think that’s it.


Once I got back to the house, the boys all got up and we got started for us day. Pat found us a fun breakfast place. Then we started looking at all of the things we still wanted to do, only to discover that since it was Sunday, several things were not open. We ended up doing some shopping and the boys played at a playground.


When I lived here, my school was right above McDonalds, so it was our regular meeting place. On top of that, soft serve was only 1€. I was living on 10€ a week, so if I could milk my 1€ cafe on leche for an entire evening. But every once in a while, I’d splurge for a soft serve or a cafe con helado, even though that one was 2€. So naturally, I had to get Pat and I a cafe con helado, for old times sake. I was going to get the boys soft serve too, but they’d already had enough sweet for the morning…


After lunch, we tried to siesta, but nobody was able to sleep. That was definitely a problem because we had an exciting afternoon planned, but the boys did not get that memo apparently…

After siesta, we packed up and headed to Isla Magica. It was amazing! I’d never been there before, but I was very impressed. Also, we learned that Gabe is not a fan of scary rides and Josy doesn’t know any better…





Josy desperately wanted to go on the swinging pirate ship. Gabe refused. So Pat took Josy. He was terrified, but he did it and he didn’t refuse to get on any rides for the rest of the day, so I’ll take at as a win. When he got off, Gabe told Josy that he was braver than he was since he got on it in the first place.





Both boys liked riding the llamas. We named ours Albert. Josy named theirs Marshall the Llama.



They loved the log ride!




They found a giant crocodile.



They had a rapids ride. Before…


…and after. Realistically, only Pat got drenched, so that was fun.


We headed out of the park for dinner with the intention of going back afterwards and finishing a few more things, but the boys were done. Josy had rice in his hair and was convinced he was a baby dinosaur.


Gabe at least ate something other than white rice like the other one. But he was also delirious…



So we headed back to our house and called it a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3