RV Trip: Day 7

For years, every time I went to Nicaragua, I got to hang out with my friend Keveta. She’s an American nurse from Redding that lived down there long term. She ended up heading home before Pat went down on his first trip, so he never got to meet her and I haven’t gotten to see her since then. So since we were going to be in the area, I desperately wanted to see her and let her meet my family.

So that’s what we did! We went to the Turtle Bay Exploration Park and played in the Sundial Bridge.







This one is going to be the death of me. He desperately wanted to go down the slide and that meant climbing the ladder, so that’s what he did. I literally held onto his foot, as high as I could reach, until Bella could climb up to grab him and hold onto him until I could get up the ladder to get him.




They had a parrot cage that we could go in and feed the parrots. Gabe was in heaven! I mean, we all thought it was pretty great, but I’m actually impressed that Gabe didn’t try and sneak one of them home…














After Turtle Bay, we went to Nancy’s house. I’d never actually met Nancy, but we’ve talked a lot over the years, once again all about Nicaragua. It was nice to actually meet her face to face. We spent the afternoon playing at the pool and having a barbecue. Then Nancy took me grocery shopping while Pat took the boys back to the rv park to sleep.

It was a really great day and it was so good to catch up with Keveta and introduce her to my family, as well as to actually meet Nancy. I’m so glad that we added Redding as a stop on our trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3