Phoenix Day 4: A Quiet Day

After a few days of running around crazy, we needed a quiet day. Specifically, the boys needed a day to be at home and plan. So Katilyn and Bryson came over for breakfast and we spent the day together, almost entirely at home.

We did go to Bryson’s Grandma’s house to pick up a few things (and have and cookies). She was also able to help us out since we’d had disaster strike the day before.

Gabe loves his string blanket. Loves it. He sleeps with it, he carries it around the house, and if he’s having a rough day, a snuggle with his string blanket will usually make it all better. However, on Tuesday he got a string loose while he was in the car and he managed to pull two rows almost entirely off before I discovered it. We had a long chat about it and I told him that I would try and fix it, but it was going to take me awhile. So he had to nap and go to bed without his string blanket.

Gram and Katilyn didn’t have yarn, but luckily Bryson’s Grandma did and it saved the day. So really, I spent most of Tuesday fixing String Blanket.







When I put Gabe to bed, he cried because String Blanket wasn’t fixed yet and he wanted it. So I stayed up and finished it before bed, putting it in his bed with him.

When he woke up the next morning I asked him if there was anything special in his bed. He was confused until I asked about String Blanket. Then he looked down and grinned saying “Thank you Mommy!” Twice more I’ve gotten a spontaneous thank you. At one point Gram mentioned that it was nice of Mommy to fix his string blanket and he responded with “And Bryson’s Grandma.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3