The Sweetest Little Boy

In March, we were up north and got to ride snow machines with some of Pat's friends.  This was a very traumatic experience for Gabe.  It's been 7 months and he still talks about the snow machines.  (This shouldn't surprise me.  The other day I said it was cold outside and he told me he wanted his red Mickey Mouse gloves and his black snowpants, neither of which he has seen since the snow melted...)  Sometimes it's a "I don't like snow machines.  They make loud noise.  It scare me." and sometimes he throws out a random "I like snow machines.  They not scary.", which kindof confuses me since he was terrified.

Anyway, the other day we had a conversation at dinner about how Dad would like to take Gabe on a snow machine and other fun construction equipment and it might be scary, but it was okay because Daddy would always take care of him and keep him safe.

Then last night, Gabe and I were driving home and he started talking about snow machines again.  But this time he told me that "I want Daddy to take care of me."  I told him that Daddy would take care of him and all he has to do is tell Daddy that he's scared and Daddy will give him a big hug and say "It's okay Gabey.  I'll take care of you."  Then I heard him quietly say "It's okay Gabey.  I take care of you.  That's what Daddy say."

I'm pretty sure that I have the sweetest little boy ever.

Also, his Halloween costume showed up yesterday and he's so adorable that I almost can't handle it!  I won't spoil the surprise though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3