A Painting Party

When you move into a new house, the easiest thing to do is paint the whole house before you move in. However, if you’re 7 months pregnant with a high risk pregnancy, that is not reasonable or realistic. So we didn’t. Now we’re a year later and it’s time to get started on painting things. Pat’s been doing a bunch of house projects, but he doesn’t like painting and he had to work all weekend. Luckily, Gramps and I like painting. So Gram watched the boys on Saturday and Gramps and I got to work.

I don’t have before and after shots because I’m wasn’t sure that it would be super obvious in pictures, but I can tell you that it looks so much better. It’s nice and clean and all of the marks that someone put on the ceiling in order to put in our new lights are now gone.

We also had the cutest little painting helper (who actually did a really good job and wanted to keep helping).









By the time we were done, every one was exhausted. Josy refused to do an afternoon nap so he was a cranky mess. Pat ended doing overtime on his project at work, so I put Josy to bed and Gabe and I ordered a pizza for dinner. We had a Post Painting Porch Pizza Pajama Party.





It was a good way to end an exhausting day.

And eventually, Pat came home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3