Yardwork

Gabe and I have been doing a lot of yard work this week. We decided that it was time to plant the flower pots, so we worked hard to empty the old dirt and dead plants. Then I got distracted by the neighbor and when I looked back, he’d taken one of the pots, filled it with dirt and put a flower inside. It was definitely not the pot I was going to use for that flower, but he was so proud of himself that I helped him finish up with the extra dirt. Now he considers it “his” flower.



Today we were raking the grass, since certain little brothers think it’s a good idea to eat leaves and sticks and rocks and whatever random thing he can reach. I did most of the raking. Gabe was focused on an intensive worm relocation program and trying to figure out where the stumps came from. He was also concerned with figuring out where some fresh grass came from and made sure to examine it with his shovel (or spade, as he calls it).





He also did a bunch of raking, which was helpful. Then when I was inside he dumped out my big bucket of things I’d raked up, but he dumped them in the ditch. It was actually a good thought and he was trying to be helpful, so I can’t complain. I will, however, refill the bucket and dump it in the back in the compost pile after he goes to bed.

Eventually he gave up on yardwork, so I made him some chalk paint. He painted for awhile and then decided to paint his fingernails.



...and then his whole hand.



Meanwhile, the other one just sits in the grass and eats animal crackers...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3