Noah’s Ark Party

Yesterday was Gabe’s Noah’s Ark party. Each kid was supposed to dress up like a person or animal that was on the ark. We had a long chat about the fact that a pirate would not have been on the ark, so he needed to dress up like an animal. So what do you think he picked? A parrot of course. Specifically a pirate parrot.





Since I’d already bought him a pirate costume, I told him that I wouldn’t buy him another costume, so I got to make this one. I had a lot of feathers to cut out, but I think it turned out super cute.



I think he was the only parrot on the ark. (Actually, I saw Wonder Woman at the party, so perhaps we could have pulled off a pirate…)

Josy was also supposed to wear his Halloween costume to school, but he was not having it. I decided to not push the issue and just take it to school and ask him about it then. He saw the costume in my arms and completely flipped out. He grabbed it out of my arms and tried to take it back in the house. Once he was in the house he refused to put it down. He was having a rough moment. But we finally got him and the costume to school. Once more he refused to put it on. Then he saw all of the preschoolers wearing their costumes and decided that maybe it would be okay. So I got it on him. But then he wouldn’t let me take picture. It was a rough morning.





But he was still wearing it when I picked him up and when we got in the car I found his Lightning McQueen crocs and asked him if he wanted to wear those too. He got super excited. So apparently his day got better. Hopefully he’ll agree to wear it nicely for all of it Halloween activities this weekend…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3