Half Moon Cay

I’ve always struggled with Caribbean cruises because you don’t actually get to enjoy the culture of the island. Often you land on the cruise line’s private island, which is nothing like actually being on the island. So when I found out that we were going to Half Moon Cay, Carnival’s private island, I was not really looking forward to it. Where is the culture? Where are the locals? What is the point of a fake island???

Now that I’ve been there, I have a different perspective. Don’t get me wrong, I still object to it as a matter of principle. However, that beach was amazing! The water was calm and clear and beautiful. It was the perfect temperature to cool off from the hot sun outside and it was pretty much the best day ever at the beach.



Gabe is definitely a water boy now. I mean, he really liked playing in the sand, but he also kept telling me that he wanted to go in the deep water. After awhile, he’d tell me that “my feet want to touch the sand”. He’d let the waves bat him around a bit and then informed me that “it’s nice and deep!” He was so comfortable that at one point he got out of the water and ran up the beach. Then he turned around and sprinted straight down the beach into the watet. That was a great plan until he tripped and faceplanted straight in the water. He only did that once...







They also had a really cool splash park, which both kids enjoyed, before we got back on the boat. We put Gabe down for a nap, and I finally found the ship’s fitness center. Do you know how hard it is to run on a treadmill while the boat is going up and down??? The view was pretty great though.



I didn’t take hardly any pictures at dinner, but our wait staff was amazing. They all adored Gabe. At one point he was eating spaghetti, chicken nuggets, french fries, fruit and hot chocolate, all at the same time. I hope he doesn’t get usefmd to it because that is not how things happen at home... Here he is, trying to get the very last drop of ice cream (they’d brought him cookies too, even though we didn’t ask for any):




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3