Lightening

Tonight I put Gabe to bed. As I was doing that, Bella told me that she wanted to go to bed too, so I told them both good night and went back to our room. When I walked back to our room, Pat was standing on the balcony and said that he’d seen four lightning strikes. We then stood on the balcony for a long time, watching the lightning.

The show is as good and all, but nothing like the first lightening show that Pat and I saw together. We were sitting together on the beach in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. We weren’t yet married, but I’d told Pat that before I could marry him, he needed to go to Nicaragua, so here he was. We’d spent some time in Port, and then decided to go to San Juan del Sur for a few days to relax before heading home. (It’s a good thing we did too, as Jacqui died a few days later, flipping our whole world upside down.) We finished dinner and walked down the beach, sitting down to watch the most incredible lightning show that I’ve ever seen across the bay. It was so amazing that I was able to gst pictures with my not-so-great camera, which should say something...

But tonight as we watched the show, I told Pat that it wasn’t as good as San Juan del Sur. That’s okay, he told me. We’ll go back. As soon as it’s safe, we’re buying tickets to go back.

And that is one of the many reasons that I love my husband.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3