An Entertaining Morning

My sweet little Gabe was so entertaining this morning, that I'm going to have to take a break from catching up on the last few days to write all of these down so I don't forget them...

I was trying to eat breakfast and he was going back and forth between sitting on my lap (and eating my breakfast) and standing on the chair next to me.  While he was on the other chair, he found an old piece of food that shouldn't be there.
Gabe:  I frow (throw) the yucky.  It's disgusting!
Me:  Um, we don't throw yuckies.
G:  We only catch them?

Then I was working on making his lunch and he asked me for bunny crackers.  And toast.  I told him that if he was still hungry, he should eat more breakfast.  So he said "I should eat more breakfast" and crawled up on his chair and sat down, eating more of his half-eaten bowl of cereal.

Every morning I comb out his hair, since it gets crazy knotted if I don't.  He doesn't like it because I end up pulling his hair, since the snarls are so bad, but if he's holding a toy it's a little better.  This morning he was holding a "doggy ball" (tennis ball) but it still didn't help.  I asked him if he wanted me to call Abra (my hair dresser friend) to see if she could cut his hair and he told me yes.  A few minutes later I was brushing my teeth and he came in and said "Mommy no brush teeth.  Call Abra and ask her comb my hair."  Then while he was eating his second breakfast, he said "Mommy call Abra."  I think the kid wants a haircut.

On our way to school this morning, we were talking about Bryson (we talk about Bryson a lot...).  I asked him who Bryson's mommy was.  Little did I know, we'd have this conversation...
M:  Who's Bryson's Mommy?
G:  Great Gram
M:  No.  She's his Great Gram.  Who is his Mommy?
G:  Gramps
M:  No, he's his Gramps.  Who is his Mommy?
G:  Mommy!
M:  No!  I'm his Auntie.  Let me give you a hint.  Bryson's Mommy is your Auntie.  So Bryson's Mommy is Auntie...
G:  Auntie Seth!
M:  No
G:  Auntie Uncle Nathan?
We never did get to Auntie Katilyn...

A little while later, while still in the car, he suddenly said "Someone trying to get me!"  I asked him who was trying to get him.  He said "Stop trying to get me bear!  It's not very nice!" and then "Bear hit me with a stick."

Seriously, it was quite the morning.

In other random Gabe news (that I need to write down so I don't forget), the other day he asked me where his helicopters were.  I told him that they were on the tv stand.  He went running to find them and I heard him say "I sorry helicopters!  We forgot watch Blippi!"

His imagination is definitely picking up.  He walked up to me the other day with a piece of food or something on his finger and said "Mommy, I got an animal!"  I asked him what kind of animal and he told me "A chicken.  A cow."  All on his finger.

Speaking of chickens, the neighbor has chickens and they were out of town for a couple of days last week and asked us to feed them.  I asked Gabe if he wanted to help feed them and he was super excited.  "I feed baby chickens."  Um, actually there are no baby chickens.  Just big chickens.  "I feed big chickens!"  Well, we walked over there and Bella was ahead of us and let all the chickens out just as Gabe and I came through the gate.  I had the bag of food in my hand, Gabe was a few feet behind me.  Suddenly, all of the chickens came running out of the coop, straight at Gabe.  He started screaming.  To be fair, he's not a whole lot taller than the chickens in the first place...  Then I started yelling at Bella to come and get to the food, so I could pick up Gabe, he was still screaming and I'm sure the other neighbors thought something crazy was going on.  Anyway, we finally got everyone calmed down and Gabe had a death grip on my shirt as I held him.  However, we still had to actually feed the chickens because they were hungry and that is why they were running around quite so crazy.  Gabe wouldn't let me put him down on the ground, but I managed to put him on the chair right next to me, so I could get the food bag open and help Bella get enough food in the cup.  Then Bella asked Gabe if he wanted to feed the chickens and he said yes, which probably wasn't a good plan.  But then he wanted to do it, even though he was pretty scared of these chickens.  So, she handed him the cup of food.  Unfortunately, the chickens were hungry and saw the food, so they jumped on the chair, which made Gabe scream, so I'm pushing the chickens off the chair to calm him down, while he's still holding the food, because he's too scared to dump it out, which is the only way to get the chickens to stop jumping.  Yes, that is a big run-on sentence, but that's really the best way to describe the drama of the moment.  It was chaos.  Eventually, he dumped the cup on the ground and all of the chickens immediately started eating and then all was well in the world again.  As we left, Gabe told me that he really liked feeding the chickens.  Okay kid.  Whatever you say...

The next day was a little better.  He only freaked out when the chickens jumped on the chair.  There was no screaming, but the poor kid was so scared that he was shaking.  Once the chickens were all on the ground, he was fine.  Let's just say that I was perfectly happy when the neighbors came home and could take care of their own chickens again...


Also, this same neighbor just got a new baby chihuahua and she brought it over so we could see it.  I asked Gabe what it was and he said "Kanadoodoo!"  (Kangaroo)  The neighbor was very confused until I got Gabe's stuffed kangaroo and yes, it looks exactly like her new little dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3