Hawaii Day 5: The Lagoons

We had a bit of a slow start, but we decided that it was a good day to head up to the lagoons at Ko Olina. In retrospect, that slow start was a huge mistake, but we didn’t know that at the time...

We got up to Uncle Nathan and Auntie’s house and threw in a load of laundry (including Blankey, which needed washed desperately, but had to be washed when it wasn’t naptime, which is hard when you don’t have laundry in the condo you’re staying at...). By the time the laundry was going and everyone had eaten and played with the animals and said good morning to their cousins and whatnot, we headed out. Nathan casually mentioned that parking could be interesting, but we’d figure it out.





Interesting was an understatement. All five lots were full, so we stopped Pat off to find some lunch while I sat in the car with the boys at what looked to be the shortest line into a lot. I never even moved. Eventually, Nathan and Cassie showed up, but Nathan had ripped his shorts and needed to head back to the house, so Cassie took all three boys to the beach. She later told me that she got out there and realized that not a single one of them was wearing a swim suit, so she had to deal with that on top of just generally having the small boys to keep from drowning.

As Nathan drove away,  he found a shorter line, so he saved me a spot and I drive to the other lot. There were now three cars in front of me rather than five. He went home, dealt with his shorts drama, came back, parked in a cheater spot that wasn’t a good plan with a rental car and met Cassie with the boys and I’d moved forward one spot. But at least now the boys could all be in the water.



Then Pat brought me lunch and we ate it in the car while waiting. Then a guy at the resort came out and told me that I couldn’t wait because only two cars were allowed to wait. So we left and parked at the mall, which totally wasn’t legit, but we didn’t know what else to do. Then we walked to the beach through the parking lot and the two cars sitting there were not the ones I’d been sitting behind, meaning that I totally would have gotten in if I’d waiting another 5 minutes. So, that was fun. Thank you to the random resort guy who may or may not have had the authority to kick us out of the street...

But we made it and the boys were clearly hungry as they shared their lunch nicely.



When we got there, Cassie told me that one of the other kids had a plastic pirate ship that Gabe loved. When I showed up the first thing he told me was that he wanted one. Then he asked the kid where he got it, so that he could tell me where he needed to go. He has now spent the last two days telling me that we need to go to that store to buy that pirate ship. I haven’t committed to anything at this point...

After swimming for awhile, Pat and Nathan went to get the cars. The little boys hung out with Cassie and I for a long time and clearly Josy thought that Jeremiah needed to get up and play with him...



Then we headed back to Nathan and Cassie’s for naptime. However, Josy had Jeremiah’s bedroom, Jeremiah had his parents bedroom and Gabe had nothing. So he got to sleep in the bunny cage. Needless to say, he did not actually sleep...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3