Hawaii Day 9: Two Dates

I got to go on two dates! The first one was with Nathan. Since he has a full time job and together we have three small children, we haven’t had much time just the two of us. So I got up at the crack of dawn and met him for breakfast before he had to go to work. It was lovely!



Then I headed back to the condo and all of my original plans of the fun things we could do seemed like too much with, so instead we went to the lagoon at Al Moana and played at the beach for a bit. We didn’t pay too long because we could see the clouds rolling in and we really wanted to avoid the Hanama Bay drama that happened last time we were here, which Gabe has renamed The Boom Beach after we ended up in the middle of a thunder storm.







We headed to the food court at the mall for lunch and then back to the condo for a nap. Actually, Pat ran some errands, while the boys and I went back to nap. Unfortunately, I was the only one who was convinced that sleep was important... Actually, Gabe did pretty well. But Josy kept climbing out of his bed and I was too tired to keep putting him back in. At one point, the bed started moving, so I knew that he’d crawled onto my bed, but I couldn’t tell what he was doing. Then suddenly I felt Teddy Beary, Gabe’s teddy bear, being shoved into my arms. How can I resist a little boy that’s that sweet?? Eventually Pat got home and he got to deal with putting Josy back in bed and I got to get my nap in.

The day before, Gabe had mentioned that he wanted to go swimming in the pool. I generally don’t even think of the pool when we’re in a place with easy access to the ocean, but he really wanted to do it. It was also raining. But I figured this might be his only shot to go swimming in the rain, so he and I went to the pool.

It was so much fun! The water was the perfect temperature, the rain wasn’t cold and Gabe was super excited about life. Does it get better than that? Also, Gabe desperately needs swimming lessons. And lesson number one needs to keep your mouth closed when you’re swimming. Seriously, I have no idea why anyone would just randomly open your mouth while swimming...

Nathan and Cassie were meeting us for dinner, but at the last minute, they offered to watch the boys so we could go on a date. Um, yes. We ended up at a lovely Sicilian restaurant just the two of us and it was wonderful!



The boys all had a wonderful time together too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3