Hawaii Day 7: Diamond Head

We had a pretty slow morning. I got up and went for a run. It was so nice that when I got back, I told Pat that he should go for a run too. While he was running, I decided to take the boys to the beach. However, the beach was closed. It was the same beach that Gabe and I had sat at the day before, but now they were doing a massive construction project and we won’t be sitting at that beach again on this trip...



We walked down the beach a ways and eventually found a place to play, but it isn’t quite as protected by the breakwater. Gabe was fine, but Josy was not interested in playing in the water at all.

To be fair, Josiah wasn’t interested in anything. He was completely toast. Apparently the five minute nap the day before, plus an entire week of playing super hard and a bit of sunburn from the waterpark all combined together to give us a child that was so completely fried that he was completely non-functional. After the beach we went to get açaí bowls and I actually thought he’d fall asleep on Pat’s head.



After açaí bowls, I took him back to the room to take a nap. A few minutes later, I found this. Don’t worry, I moved the blanket off of his face...



3.5 hours later, we were supposed to meet up with Nathan and Cassie, so I tried to wake him up. I ended up with this:



I finally got him woken up enough to eat and he was a much more pleasant child. Also, you can see his poor little sunburned face.



Once we’d eaten lunch (at 3:00...) we headed over to Diamond Head to meet up with Nathan, Cassie and Jeremiah.

It’s a good thing we had them, because Pat ended up carrying Gabe and Nathan got Josy. Cassie had Jeremiah and I just had to worry about me. At one point Nathan wondered if we were raising lazy kids..,









I have this exact picture with my brother Matt. We should put them together...





Cassie wanted a cousins picture. Clearly that worked well...





Sometimes he takes nice pictures with me.



And sometimes he does this...





Poor kid could not keep his pants up...



After hiking, we stopped by the mall to get some diapers and things. We managed to get to the drug store and Gabe found his pirates ship. He was so excited that he was shaking. Definitely the best $8 we’ve spent all trip.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Car Wash

A Very Cold Day

Utah/California: Day 3